Tuscan Fennel Quiche
Chef Liz Arraj
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 lb. cold butter, cut into small cubes
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar
1/4 cup of water
1. Pulse in food processor until flour and butter are combined. Slowly add water until combined.
2. Press dough into pie pan.
3. Pre-bake in oven at 400 for 20 minutes.
1 yellow onion, diced
2 leeks, white and green parts, sliced and cleaned well
1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced and then diced
1 cup 1/2 & 1/2
1 cup heavy cream
1. In olive oil, sauté vegetables, starting with the onion first.
2. Add 2 cups Mozzarella, grated, on bottom of quiche crust. Put veggies down. Add 1 cup Gruyere cheese, grated, on top of veggies.
3. Prepare egg mixture, whisking in a large bowl.
4. Bake quiche at 400 for 45 minutes or until golden brown and firm.