Sweet Union Farm Bowl
by Chef Liz Arraj
Makes 4 bowls
3 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
1 red onion, peeled and diced
1 bunch kale, destemmed and chopped
1 Komatsuna, chopped, stems and leaves both
1 beet, diced
1 black radish, diced
1 Delicata squash, peeled and diced
4 cups cooked brown rice or your choice of grain
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1. Prepare your grain. Bring 3 cups of water with 1 1/2 cups of brown rice to a boil. Lower heat and cover. Cook until done, about 35-40 minutes.
2. Pre-heat oven to 400. Take prepped beets, radish and Delicata and put in large bowl. Add a little olive oil with salt, toss well, put on baking sheet and roast until tender, about 25-30 minutes.
3. In large sauté pan, put some oil in pan. Sautee onions until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and the greens. Cook until greens are soft. Add water if they start sticking.
4. Build your bowl: Put a scoop of grains in bowl, top with roasted vegetables, sautéed garlic, onions and greens, garnish with parsley and drizzle with Lemon-Tahini sauce.
1/2 cup tahini
1/4 cup freshly lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1 TBSP. maple syrup or agave nectar
1 clove of garlic
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. cayenne
1. Combine all ingredients into blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
Tasty Tip: Creating bountiful bowls is an easy and fun way to get lots of nutrition without too much fuss. It is as simple as 4 key components; A grain, a green, a protein and a sauce. And the combinations are endless! It's also a good way to incorporate leftovers and vegetables you are not sure to do with. Happy bowl making!