(Indonesian Fried Rice)
Chef Liz Arraj
4 cups of cooked basmati rice (1 1/2 cups uncooked with 3 cups water)
3 TBSP. coconut oil or olive oil
1 bunch of white bunching onions, peeled and diced
3 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
1 cup of peas or green beans, chopped in half
1 cup of carrots, peeled and small diced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced small
1 cup of red cabbage, thinly sliced
1/4 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
2 TBSP. Sriracha
1 tsp. salt
Garnish with cashews; scallions, thinly sliced; tomatoes, diced; and cilantro, chopped.
1. When making fried rice, using day old rice always works better. If not using day old rice bring water with rice to boil in medium sized pot. Cover and lower heat. Cook for 20 minutes.
2. Saute onion in olive oil for about 5 minutes, until translucent.
3. Add garlic and rest of vegetables, cook for about 10 minutes.
4. Add rice and sauce mixture. Mix well.
5. Serve in bowls and garnish with cashews and veggies.
Leave a Reply.