By Chef Liz Arraj of Terra Veg in Klamath Falls
1 package of soba noodles or noodles of your choice
1 TBSP. sesame oil
3 TBSP. olive oil
1 bunch of red scallions, chopped
3 carrots, peeled and sliced
1 bag of snap peas, chopped
1 bunch of Komatsuna, chopped, leaf and white parts
Spicy Peanut Sauce:
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely minced
2 TBSP. fresh ginger, peeled and finely minced
2 TBSP. rice vinegar or lime juice
2 TBSP. agave nectar or maple syrup
1 TBSP. soy sauce
1 tsp. crushed pepper flakes or 1/2 jalapeño, minced
1/2 cup of peanut butter or almond butter
1/2 cup cold water
Garnish with 1/2 bunch of red scallion onions, thinly sliced
1. Cook your choice of noodles according to the package. Cold and toss with sesame oil and set aside in large bowl.
2. In large sauté pan put oil and onions, cook until onions are translucent, about 5-10 minutes. Add rest of ingredients and cook for 10 minutes.
3. In small bowl create your spicy peanut sauce.
4. Combine noodles, veggies and sauce together, mix well.
5. Garnish with peanuts and serve.