Chef Liz Arraj
2 TBSP. olive oil
1 onion, peeled and diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon cumin
1 tsp. salt or to taste
1 green cabbage, thinly sliced
2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
1-14 ounce can coconut milk
1 cup water
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium high heat.
2. Sauté onion until translucent, add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add coriander, turmeric, thyme, cumin, carrot, cabbage and stir. Add coconut milk, water and bring to a boil.
4. Cover saucepan and reduce to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes or until sauce thickens.
5. Serve on top of basmati rice or your choice of grain and garnish with chopped cilantro.
Some fun things about cabbage; you can use the large leaves of this delicious plant as an edible plate and arrange your dinner on one. Not only does it look cool, you can eat everything on your plate!