By Chef Liz Arraj
Beans, all kinds, blanched and chopped into bit sized pieces
Cucumbers, sliced into 1/2 moons
Zucchini, sliced into 1/2 moons
Carrots, thinly sliced
Cilantro or parsley, rough chopped
Optional: Toasted cashews
1/4 cup sesame oil or Olive oil
2 TBSP. Dijon mustard
2 TBSP. rice vinegar
2 TBSP. soy sauce or gluten free tamari
1 TBSP. toasted sesame
Zest & juice of 3 limes
2 tsp. pepper flakes
1 tsp. Chinese 5-spice
1. In boiling, salted water blanch your beans for 1 minute, then immediately put into icy water so the beans retain their color and crispiness. Cut into bite sized chunks.
2. Prep rest of your veg and put in a large bowl.
3. Toast cashews, if using, for 5 minutes in 400 degree oven.
4. Create dressing. Blend or whisk.
5. Combine veg, dressing and cashews, if using. Mix well. Serve right away as a side.
Leave a Reply.