Quick Fridge Dill Pickles
There are a ton of these recipes online, this one is adapted from www.acouplecooks.com
Makes 1 quart jar
½ lb of pickling cucumbers or 2 English cucumbers
3 cloves garlic, peeled and cut in half
4-6 sprigs dill
1 tablespoon coriander seeds (or a few sprigs of coriander bunch)
1 tablespoon sugar
1 ½ tablespoons kosher salt
2/3 cup white vinegar
1 cup water
1. Wash a quart mason jar and lid and let air dry.
2. Quarter cucumbers lengthwise into spears.
3. In an extra jar or covered container, combine coriander, sugar, salt, and vinegar. Tightly close the lid and shake vigorously until the sugar and salt dissolve. Add water to mixture.
4. In the clean jar, tightly pack the sliced cucumbers, garlic and dill.
5. Pour the brine mixture over the cucumbers. Tap the jar on the counter to release any air bubbles and top off the jar with extra water if any cucumbers are exposed.
6. Place the lid on the jar and screw the ring until it’s tight. Leave the jar in the fridge for 24 hours before tasting. The pickles last up to one month refrigerated.