Shishito Leek & Onion Tarts
Chef Liz Arraj
2 TBSP. olive oil
6 Shishito peppers, sliced and seeded
1 leek, white and green parts, thinly sliced
1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
1 tsp. salt or to taste
2 cup all purpose white flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. fennel seeds
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup olive oil
1 TBSP. apple cider vinegar
1. In large sauté pan put oil and veggies. Sauté with salt until soft.
2. Layer a 9 x 13 baking pan with parchment paper, coat with olive oil. And put the layer of peppers, leek and onions on top.
3. Push the dough on top of the veggies until they are all covered. Don't worry if there are some small holes, they will fill in during the baking process.
4. Bake in oven at 350 for 25 minutes or until it temps in the center at 200 degrees.
5. Let cool and put baking pan upside down on cutting board. Remove parchment paper and slice into whatever size you desire.
Leave a Reply.