South of the Border Zucchini Pancakes
Chef Liz Arraj
Makes 6 pancakes
2 cups grated zucchini
1/2 cup frozen corn
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. black pepper
Pinch of crushed pepper flakes
1 tsp. baking powder
2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
1 TBSP. minced cilantro
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 TBSP. flaxmeal
1/2 cup water
1. Grate your zucchini (no need to peel it) and press it thru a colander until dry.
2. Combine flaxmeal and water and let sit until thickens for about 10 minutes.
3. Combine all ingredients in large bowl.
4. Put a small amount of oil in a frying pan.
5. Form your pancakes and cook them until golden brown on each side. Serve with vegan sour cream and hot sauce.
These zucchini pancakes can be changed up to different regions of the world! You can make Italian zucchini pancakes, Asian zucchini pancakes, Middle Eastern zucchini pancakes simply by changing the spices in them. So easy and so tasty! Enjoy!